Jan 21, 2009

Welcome to a New Day!

What can our kids do? ANYTHING. I have always known this... my parents told me I could do anything I wanted to do as long as I worked hard for it. But today, on this New Day, we have proof. 100%, undeniably, loud and proud PROOF that they can be anything they want to be, do anything they want to do, and have the love and support of a good man (or woman). They have proof that our home, the United States of America, even with it's faults, is indeed the best country in the world. Today, on this New Day, I stand a little taller, a little prouder, my heart a little lighter, and I breathe a little easier knowing that it's going to be all right. So on this New Day, I say to my precious dughter, you CAN do anything. Thank you President and Mrs. Obama, for this New Day!

Your sister in motherhood.... Tomeka

No comments: