Jan 7, 2009

Party Hard or Hardly Party?




O.K., O.K., I have to know. Is it me or are there more than twice as many kid birthday parties, today, than when we were younger?

My daughters have recently started a new school and I swear we have spent every weekend at a party or a school event. There were 2 parties before the kids were out for Christmas break and I just got another invitation for Saturday. (Which I won't be able to attend due to the outing) Not only is there an expectation to attend each one, if you can't make it you are suppose to bring the gift to school the next day.

I am seriously thinking about going on a party strike. :) Just kidding. But this is going a bit too far.
What ever happened to cake, ice cream, pinata and friends? Is it so bad that a child doesn't have a party every single year?

No comments: